Eliot produced a lot of poor stuff also; he didn't publish it. But you
can read it now in IMH. (Actually, some of that is good also, but it's
sometimes crude or even offensive). It is interesting to note just how
little Eliot did publish for someone with his ability and fame.
Nancy

>>> David Boyd 11/07/11 4:00 AM >>>
Just recalling when I was fortunate enough, in Summer 2010, to be able
to attend a talk by Prof Brooker, where she compared Wordsworth's themes
etc with Eliot

And, I have to agree with the view of a (more minor) poetic contemporary
of Eliot, that Wordsworth produced some of the finest poetry in the
English language, but a lot of pretty poor stuff too - far more
profligate / garrulous than Eliot !