After sending my reply I did a bit more exploring and I came up with a
larger list of Eliot quotes on the 'disillusionment of a generation' and
'grumbling' and such.  They appear in a section ("A Backward Glance at
Eliot's Personal Waste Land," pp. xi-xv) of the Preface to "T.S. Eliot:
the making of an American poet, 1888-1922" by James Miller.

These pages can be viewed at Google books:
   http://books.google.com/books?id=Aq-lfNXrIDAC&pg=PR11

Regards,
   Rick Parker