        Apologies for Cross-Posting

Call for Papers
From Method to Postmethod: Chances and Challenges in Foreign Language Instruction

RMMLA Conference
Bolder, Colorado
Oct 11-13, 2012

While the quest for the best language teaching method has been abandoned for decades and the communicative paradigm has long been generally accepted, there is still considerable insecurity as to finding successful and satisfactory ways to teach foreign languages. How do we, as language teachers and program coordinators, negotiate our way between institutional demands, prescribed textbooks, and an eclectic approach to foreign language instruction?

This session invites contributions that focus on leaving the method discourse altogether and exploring principles, parameters, and procedures of a postmethod pedagogy for foreign language teaching and learning. Send proposals of up to 250 words, CV, and academic affiliation to Susanne Even ([log in to unmask]<UrlBlockedError.aspx>) until March 1, 2012.

Dr. Susanne Even
http://www.indiana.edu/~germanic/faculty/
Assistant Professor and Language Coordinator
Co-editor of http://scenario.ucc.ie
Department of Germanic Studies
Ballantine Hall 658
Indiana University