andererseits: Yearbook of Transatlantic German Studies

is seeking contributions for the peer-reviewed section of its upcoming third volume to be published in the summer of 2012. Central to /andererseits/ is its transatlantic nature and this issue will focus on the question of borders in German Studies in */all/* time periods. /andererseits/ welcomes abstracts dealing with any aspect of this question in German Studies, including but not limited to contributions on: the portrayal of Germany in America or of America in Germany, the crossing and/or dissolution of boundaries, the role of borders in literature, re-workings and translations of literary texts, questions of origin, and travel literature. Also welcome are contributions related to German Studies, including submissions on history, current sociopolitical developments, as well as on popular culture in its various manifestations (television, film, music, and popular literature).

In addition to scholarly papers, we are also seeking creative pieces, book reviews, and other pieces that deal broadly with the concept of German Studies and/or Germanistik.

If you are interested in submitting an abstract for consideration, please register yourself as an author on our website, http://andererseits.library.duke.edu
<http://andererseits.library.duke.edu/> , and submit your abstract as a Word document through our online system. Abstracts should be no longer than 500 words and must be submitted by January 15, 2012. If accepted, the final version of 12-15 pages (a maximum of 30,000 characters including spaces) would be due by March 15, 2012 for a final review.

For the creative pieces, book reviews and other pieces, please also register as an author on our site and submit your proposals or pieces there in Word document form: http://andererseits.library.duke.edu <http://andererseits.library.duke.edu/>

/andererseits/ is a joint effort between Duke University and Universitšt Duisburg-Essen. It is an open access journal published both online and in print that seeks to represent the broad field of German studies in its many facets. We welcome work from faculty, independent scholars, graduate students and advanced undergraduates in both German and English. The second volume of /andererseits/ can be found online at the link given above.

If you have any questions about the journal or problems with this process, please contact Janice Hansen: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

We look forward to receiving your contributions!
Best,

Janice Hansen, Bill Donahue, Jochen Vogt, Lydia Schultchen