Hi All,

This isn't about birds but I figured people might be interested anyways.

To: [log in to unmask]
From: [log in to unmask]
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 05:19:01 +0000
Subject: IBET Help Stop The Hunting Of 500+ American Gray Wolves

Deadline is today the 27th.

The U.S.Govt.has demanded 5,000 signatures and we still need 1,747.

There are 1,539 nature-animal lovers on this site and if we post this on our Facebook pages we can make a difference!!

Please sign at this Link:
https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions#!/petition/halt-wolf-hunts-pending-9th-district-court-appeals-decision-and-scientific-research-confirm-wolf/7g0bsswr

Montana - will kill 220
Idaho - Unlimited #
Wyoming Bumper sticker:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/profilesofnature/6218088103/in/photostream

Halt wolf hunts pending 9th District Court of Appeals decision and scientific research to confirm wolf recovery data.

Due to a 2011 budget rider (Sec. 1713), gray wolves lost federal protection under the ESA. It orders the Interior Secretary to reissue the final delisting rule published in 2009. Articles written by scientists in independent peer-reviewed journals criticized the 2009 rule for complying more with political expediency instead of best available science. This is regarded as a particularly egregious affront to the voice of the majority and to fair representation in our country. The rider circumvents the District Court's ruling in Defenders of Wildlife, 729 F.Supp.2d 1207, and was designed to direct the outcome of a pending case without amending the underlying statute involved. We join the Union of Concerned Scientists in denouncing this action.

Lamar Valley Wolf Pack & Bird Pix:
http://www.profilesofnature.com/yellowstonetetons.html

Thank you & now back to our regularly scheduled program
Jerry Goldner
Evanston

Recent Activity:
.