Hello MoBirders:  I just observed my first HARLAN'S HAWK of the season.  An
adult chasing an e. Red-tailed Hawk in a large harvest bean field in Eureka (St.
Louis County).  This is by far my earliest fall record for this species. The
girls said 'it was pretty'...

Shortly after that I got a call from Chris Barrigar who observed 12
BLACK VULTURES in flight just north of Herculaneum (Jefferson County) along
I-55.  That is the highest count I can recall for that far north, possibly for
the St. Louis area??

I imagine there are a lot of good birds out there to be found - Happy fall
birding!

Josh
 Joshua Uffman
St. Louis County, MO