Ok, fallout may be an exaggeration, but my backyard was just bustling yesterday. Large flocks of waxwings, robins and house sparrows. Several yellow-dumped warblers. At least one other warbler that I wasn't sure about -- very dull, smaller than the YRWAs, possibly an immature female yellow warbler or a female common yellow-throat. A pair or downy woodpeckers, a pair of flickers, a male red-bellied. My FOY brown creeper. A white-breasted nuthatch. A few mourning doves and some blue jays. Eventually the blue jays started up with their hawk cries, and the waxwings all left. Just as I was about to head inside, something pooped on my favorite jeans. Ah, the life of a birder! :)

Amy J. Hoffman
Jefferson City
Cole County