I’ll be there Saturday for the 5K Flood Run & Crawfish Crawl and Family Fun Day as part of National Wildlife Refuge Week.  So, I’ll be happy to report Saturday evening!  Last weekend, there were shorebirds and Northern Pintail galore.  A few snow geese will be like icing on the cake.  Have a nice weekend everyone and happy birding.

Christine Kline

Pleasant Hill, MO ~ Cass County

From: Missouri Wild Bird Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mark McNeely
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2011 9:10 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: First group of Snow Geese

On the way back home this evening, my wife and I were driving just east of Maryville and were surprised when a group of about 100 Snow Geese flew over the highway in front of us.  These are the first  Snow Geese that I have seen this fall and didn't know if there have been any other sightings of Snow Geese yet this year.  The group we observed were flying south, possibly heading towards Squaw Creek.  It would be interesting if there are any reports of Snow Geese this weekend at Squaw Creek.

Mark McNeely

302 First Street

Fairfax MO 64446

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/