A recent article on Steve Jobs had this quote from Jobs:

"Picasso had a saying. He said 'Good artists copy, great artists steal.' And we have always been shameless about stealing great ideas. ... I think part of what made the Macintosh great was that the people working on it were musicians and poets and artists and zoologists and historians who also happened to be the best computer scientists in the world."

-"Triumph of the Nerds: The Rise of Accidental Empires," 1996

Question:   Isn't there an Eliot quote about 'good writers copy, great writers steal'? Did Eliot steal the quote about stealing from Picasso? Or vice versa?

-- Tom --