Jeannette Baxter: an introduction

http://www.anglia.ac.uk/ruskin/en/home/faculties/alss/deps/english_media/staff/jeannette_baxter.html

CR

From: Chokh Raj <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, October 5, 2011 6:53 AM
Subject: Re: Patricia Sloane's Bleistein book (was Re: Patricia Sloane's Key to 'The Waste Land')

ps - The book is edited by Philip Tew and Alex Murray. The suggested reading of
pp. 68-73 is part of chapter 5, //"Case Studies in Reading: Key Primary Literary Texts"
written by Jeannette Baxter.// - CR

It should be rewarding, in this context, to read an insightful note on Eliot's The Waste Land.
Please read pp. 68-73 of

The modernism handbook
Philip Tew, Alex Murray
Continuum International Publishing Group, 2009

"The Waste Land challenges the reader to fashion patterns of meaning out of its radically disorienting forms and diverse intellectual contents....[The] modern poet recognizes the need to replace traditional realist models of representation with an avant-garde Modernist poetics that will 'dislocate' language into meaning by an indirect process of association."

http://books.google.com/books?id=CpOa5vsGx34C&pg=PA68&lpg=PA68&dq#v=onepage&q&f=false

CR