It is the secular world.
P.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Chokh Raj
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2011 7:01 AM
  Subject: Re: The Jew in Eliot's Poetry

  What a coincidence, then, that in The Waste Land's Burial of the Dead, the Tarot cards
  point to "the one-eyed merchant", as well as "the drowned Phoenician Sailor", and sound
  an ominous warning, "Fear death by water". Not without the backdrop, the larger context,
  however, of "I do not find The Hanged Man" and "here the Wheel".

  Slowly, but surely, there is a sense of arrival, I guess.

  CR