ps

insightful Julius encounter here ?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/2010/feb/07/anthony-julius-diana-dina-antisemitism

On 13 October 2011 20:51, David Boyd <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Much here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisemitism

- antisemitism is I think an example of perpetuated social and social-psychological prejudice going back well over 1000 years in European history.

The psychological roots of prejudicial attitudes are well-known (eg 'the child is father to the man'), but often overlooked by those zealots  who seek to writhe Eliot out of his social-psychological context, and pillory the guy totally unrealistically for not observing 21st century codas of political correctness

Pat was a breath of fresh air in that she was astute enough to recognize this and, despite her own Jewishness, not necessarily to take umbrage about it, a la Mr Julius et al

She once observed to me, about living in NYC, that 'if you look and behave  like a potential victim, you'll become one'

Pat was far above simply playing the antisemirism card herself, and a very great example of 'we are where we are' philosophy.

RIP, Pat (though sure she'll be giving St Peter and friends utter hell)