Thank you Rick.  I'm familiar with a number of Pat's views through her
posts on
the TSE list and other writings but I have not even seen her book.

I probably owe the list more on this topic but I have problems getting
things
down in writing.  But to make up for this I have resurrected Pat's "Pun and
Games" from the "Yeats Eliot Review."  I had placed a copy of it on my
website
years ago but removed it when Pat created her own AOL website.  You can
find it again at its old URL:
     http://www.std.com/~raparker/pub/pun_and_games.html

Regards,
     Rick Parker