This afternoon, Mark McKellar was at his son's soccer game at Tiffany Springs Park, Platte Co, watching 200-300 Common Nighthawks fly over the soccer field, sometimes only a few feet over the boys' heads. On my way home from work, headed south on 71 Hwy, I had about 100 flying over the road. This was between Swope Parkway and 55th St. in Jackson Co. Too much traffic to pull over.

Happy birding, Ruth Simmons Lee's Summit, Jackson Co., MO [log in to unmask] "A nation behaves well if the natural resources and assets which one generation turns over to the next are increased and not impaired in value." (Theodore Roosevelt)
ASM Fall Meeting, September 23 - 25, 2011 at Camp Clover Point, Lake of the Ozarks State Park, http://mobirds.org/Meetings/