Today I got off work early so I could bird Cora Island Rd, Riverlands, and
Confluence Road. I got to see 14 species of shorebirds and five species of
ducks. This time I saw only Great Blue Herons and a lot of Great Egrets but no
Snowy Egrets or Little Blue Herons. Killdeer was the only shorebird I saw along
Cora Island Rd. Shorebirds were still plentiful in Heron Pond but the number of
shorebirds is way down in Edward Jones Confluence Point State Park. Here is
the result I got today:

Heron Pond:
Killdeer
Pectoral Sandpiper
Least Sandpiper
Semipalmated Sandpiper
White-rumped Sandpiper - some are still there
Semipalmated Plover - 4
Greater Yellowlegs
Lesser Yellowlegs - very few
Stilt Sandpiper
Baird's Sandpiper - 2

Edward Jones Confluence Point State ParK :

Before the state park sign before you enter -

Killdeer
Buff-breasted Sandpiper - 3
Pectoral Sandpiper
Least Sandpiper
Lesser Yellowlegs - 2
Black-necked Stilt - 5

After the sign, especially in the pipeline area -

Pectoral Sandpiper
Least Sandpiper
Semipalmated Sandpiper - few
Killdeer
Lesser Yellowlegs - 2
Greater Yellowlegs - 1
Buff-breasted Sandpiper - 2
Wilson's Phalarope - 1
Red-necked Phalarope - 1

Also Mallard, Blue-winged Teal, Green-winged Teal, Northern Shoveler, and
Northern Pintail.

Good birding,
Jim Hickner