For busy birders, no birds not reported in other posts.  Feel free to skip the text.
The R-N Phalaropes were life birds for a few of the group, many saw year birds.

The group met in Tower Grove Park in St Louis City.  It was quiet but not deserted - We saw a female Black and White Warbler, Am Robins, Am Redstart, Red Bellied Woodpecker, E Wood Peewee heard, Great Crested Flycatcher, Mourning Doves, Blue Jay, C Chickadee, Swallow species, House Finch, N Cardinal, a flying cuckoo-shaped bird in the northwestern end of the park, then left for the eastern end where we were delighted to find a pocket of bathing birds in the tiny pools north of the bridge near Jack Van's pond and west of the Cypress Circle.  There we found multiple Blackthroated Green Warblers in various plumages, a beautiful fall Chestnut-sided with its nearly irridescent green head, a Chipping Sparrow feeding its chick, Am Gold Finches, a Common Grackle, House Sparrows, .

Several of the group left for errands and to cool off and the rest headed for lunch indoors at Columbia Bottom (Ruby-throated Hummingbird/s at the feeders), then drove on to Riverlands, Cora Island Road and the Confluence Road.  The three Red-necked Phalaropes were swimming at the back of the pond off Cora Island Road, Stilt Sandpipers and two Wilson's Snipe, Killdeer, Turkey Vultures flying overhead, a Spotted Sandpiper,

Canada Geese were bunched at the quickly drying pool by the shed where the Confluence Road goes over the levee, along with egrets and a few peeps.  At the shallow pool on the left of the road just before the Jones Park sign at the right turn leading to the Pipeline Wetlands we were treated to close-up looks at several Buff-breasted Sandpipers.
Scope looks and flyovers at the Wetlands included a Caspian Tern, a Black Tern, Pied-billed Grebe, DC Cormorants, at least one Ruddy Turnstone (thanks for David Becher's patience in getting everyone, even me scope looks), mallards, a swimming Pied-billed Grebe, Great Blue Herons, Snowy Egrets, Great Egrets, DC Cormorants including some light throated youngsters,  Little Blues in different plumages, AW Pelicans, Yellowlegs, Am Golden Plover, more Turkey Vultures, more Least, Baird's, Pectoral and Stilt Sandpipers, Ring-billed Gulls.  In other words, many of the same birds reported by other birding visitors.

Jackie Chain
St Louis County