Yesterday I took a day off from work so I could bird Riverlands, along Cora
Island Rd, and Edward Jones Confluence State Park. Here is yesterday result:

Cora Island Rd:

Killdeer
Greater Yellowlegs
Lesser Yellowlegs
Least Sandpiper
Wilson's Snipe - 2
Buff-breasted Sandpiper - 4
Red-necked Phalarope - 3
Northern Harrier - 1
Savannah Sparrow
Cliff Swallow  (yes, they are still here)
Barn Swallow
Tree Swallow
Mallard
Northern Pintail
Blue-winged Teal

Edward Jones Confluence State Park:

Killdeer
Greater Yellowlegs
Lesser Yellowlegs
Least Sandpiper
Pectoral Sandpiper - a lot of them
Semipalmated Sandpiper
Baird's Sandpiper - about ten
Buff-breasted Sandpiper - at least 10
American Golden Plover - at least 6
Stilt Sandpiper - 5
Spotted Sandpiper - 1
Black-necked Stilt - 6
Ruddy Turnstone - 3 juveniles
American Avocet - 7
Marbled Godwit - 1
Short-billed Dowitcher - 3  yes, I found them
Red-necked Phalarope - 1 (another one)
Semipalmated Plover - 2
Laughing Gull - 1 (a new addition to my Missouri life list #293)
Caspian Tern - 2
Black Tern - several
Pied-billed Grebe - 1 ( I also went there Sunday. I saw three of them but only
one yesterday.)
Northern Shoveler

Riverlands:

Caspian Tern - 1
Pectoral Sandpiper ~ about 20 on the Illinois side - at a pond near the dam
Least Sandpiper - at the same place as above
Killdeer

Great Egrets, Snowy Egrets, Little Blue Herons, and Great Blue Herons were
seen at all three places. Sunday I saw several Solitary Sandpipers at the
Confluence State Park but saw none yesterday. I had a total of 51 species
including a Rudy-throated Hummingbird in my backyard for the day.

Good birding,
Jim Hickner

ASM Fall Meeting, September 23 - 25, 2011 at Camp Clover Point, Lake of the Ozarks State Park, http://mobirds.org/Meetings/