Hi all

I ran into an impressive fallout in the carpark of Devil's Icebox in
Rock Bridge State Park, Columbia, this morning. I got there about 0700,
and for the next three quarters of an hour I was treated to quite a
show. It was hard birding - most of the warblers were moving fast
through the treetops and most were hard to see because they were so high
and against a bright cloudy background.

I did ID 12 Warbler spp.

Golden-winged (2 different birds)
Tennessee (few)
N. Parula (two)
Chestnut-sided (several)
Magnolia (1)
Blackburnian (several)
Black-and-white (several)
Am. Redstart (several)
Ovenbird (1)
Kentucky (several)
Common Yellowthroat (several)
Wilsons (at least two)

There were also lots of flycatchers - mostly Pewees but a number of
Empidonax also. I was happy with Least, Acadian, Trail's and one
Yellow-bellied, and I think the two Trails could well have been one of
each species.

Also had an unIDed Cuckoo.

Later I went to Eagle Bluffs via the Katy Trail at McBaine. On the
sewerage ponds at McBaine there were two Solitary, one Pectoral and
several Least Sandpipers amongst the Killdeer, three Lesser Yellowlegs
flying over and a Baltimore Oriole.

At Eagle Bluffs there were about four each of Least and Spotted
Sandpipers, probably 20 Black Terns, lots of Green Herons, several DC
Cormorants and a couple of Coopers Hawks.

Cheers, Chris.