From: Mikemail <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Friday, September 9, 2011 12:37 PM
Subject: Re: vis-a-vis 'Four Quartets'

In London pubs at that time it would more likely have been a male landlord I think.  That's why I assumed a male voice but  //a good old fashioned barmaid or landlady who liked a gossip// would fit the bill for Dame Eileen's rendition - Coronation Street type (although that series is set in Manchester where I would not be surprised with a pub landlady - the North is different)