Thank you so much CR -this is the performance which I saw 3 times in  one week!  I had a video of part of it, but I thought the Youtube had been taken off long ago.  One piece of Atkin's reading did surprise me, I remember, "Hurry up please it's time!"  I always thought would be in a different voice - a landlord, not one of those in the conversation.  Was this just my male perception or did Eliot mean it to be this way?
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Chokh Raj
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Friday, September 09, 2011 1:51 AM
Subject: Re: vis-a-vis 'Four Quartets'

I'm sorry, David. Maybe I over-reacted.

Thanks, Mike. But for your mention, I wouldn't have had the experience of my life
listening to this fabulous rendition of The Waste Land. Here it is at Youtube:

THE WASTE LAND - read by Edward Fox, Eileen Atkins, and Michael Gough
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1TXBzw98ng

an overwhelming experience

CR