Thank you so much CR -this is the performance which I saw 3 times in  one week!  I had a video of part of it, but I thought the Youtube had been taken off long ago.  One piece of Atkin's reading did surprise me, I remember, "Hurry up please it's time!"  I always thought would be in a different voice - a landlord, not one of those in the conversation.  Was this just my male perception or did Eliot mean it to be this way?
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Chokh Raj
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Friday, September 09, 2011 1:51 AM
  Subject: Re: vis-a-vis 'Four Quartets'

  I'm sorry, David. Maybe I over-reacted.

  Thanks, Mike. But for your mention, I wouldn't have had the experience of my life
  listening to this fabulous rendition of The Waste Land. Here it is at Youtube:

  THE WASTE LAND - read by Edward Fox, Eileen Atkins, and Michael Gough
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1TXBzw98ng

  an overwhelming experience

  CR