It's also full of chaos and despair, but the presence of allusions does
not mean that the poem itself is "absolutist." That is a way of
thinking, not a text. No amount of allusion makes the poem that.

And one can equally easily point out the absence of any absolute in TWL.
It has been done since the initial reviews.

Once again all these proclamations of TRUTH have shut down any
discussion, and no one is writing--except for the very valuable links
sent by Rick again.
Nancy

>>> Chokh Raj 09/22/11 6:34 AM >>>
Absolute's paradox of silence and speech

an early experience of the Absolute:

"The seas of experience
That were so broad and deep,
So immediate and steep,
Are suddenly still.
You may say what you will,
At such peace I am terrified.
There is nothing else beside."
('Silence', 1910)

"I could not
Speak, and my eyes failed, I was neither
Living nor dead, and I knew nothing,
Looking into the heart of light, the silence."
('The Waste Land')

"Words, after speech, reach / Into the silence."
('Four Quartets')

CR