The Soras (we had so many in the Spring at EBCA) are back or at least 3 of
them are back.  I saw them late this evening about halfway between Pool 8 (?)
and Pool 10...on the road to the left as you head to Pool 10, there is a space
where the reeds are cleared and water is standing, a favorite place for them in
the Spring and that is where I saw them this evening.  Also viewed 2 Cormorants
as a black outline against the darkening sky, several Green Herons, a dozen +
Great Blue herons, hundreds, perhaps thousands of Black birds ....2 Eastern
Kingbirds, 1 Belted Kingfisher, 1 common Nighthawk, 1 Immature Bald Eagle.  (Also
saw a Wild turkey at the intersection of K and KK).

(Side note:  I was  in Texas County, over the weekend, and at the  family farm, it
was very quiet...only a couple of Cardinals and Chipping sparrows in the back
yard...My brother said a Merlin  has been systematically taking out  birds! and on
the way home, saw several Nighthawks over the sod farm just north of Jeff City
on 63).

Carol Weston
Columbia, MO

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/