A swallow-tailed kite (STKI) was observed between Turner and Whitten access in Oregon County. I don’t have the observers name or a date yet but the women is a teacher in the area who incorporates conservation in her classroom and her husband works for MDC.  I think it was probably a recent observation so a canoe trip for STKI on the Eleven Point River might get me a state lifer if I had time to get down in the woods.  She is coming into the office to fill out the MBRC form.

Brad

Brad Jacobs

Missouri Department of Conservation

P.O.Box 180