Hi all,

I'm looking for a little advice. I'll be in Destin, Fla., (in the panhandle) over Labour Day weekend, and I am really excited to get some birding in. I've been studying up, but I'm having trouble making a list of the most likely species. I know that shorebird migration will be well underway, and other birds will be moving too, so I don't know if I should be looking for summer species, winter species, ALL of them or some of each. Has anyone been in that part of the state around that time of year?

So far, the only bird I've pinned my hopes on is the brown-headed nuthatch. I don't know why. They just look cute. Any advice would be appreciated!! Feel free to respond off list.

Thank you!

Amy J. Hoffman

Food helps those who help themselves.