This morning I took a drive to see how many Henslow's sparrows I could see
and or hear. I drove a total of 17 miles around my home, going to fields where
I have seen them before and some I thought looked like good habitat. I was
amazed at the number, 36, which must were heard. I could hear chips that
sounded like Henslow's but was not sure. They were just a single note. I only
counted the ones that I knew were the sparrows.  I can only hear their high
pitch calls at around 50 or 60 yards, so how many did I not hear?
Just a cool thang to do.

Frankie Cuculich
Brashear, Mo.
Adair Co