I took my camera and set off for the forum
Nature area this afternoon and was shocked to see how low the large lake had gotten in
the time since I was there last,2 wks ago.
However this means good shorebird habitat.
I saw 12-15 killdeer, at least 16 other shorebirds,including Solitary Sandpiper, Spotted
Sandpiper, lesser yellowlegs and a small sized species I could not identify.
There were probably other species but my photos were taken at a distance so as not to
disturb their feeding so ID is in question.
There were also about 10 Green Herons incl.  several juveniles that had me wondering if
they were a Bittern at first with their streaked plumage.  Also viewed  kingfishers, ruby
throated hummingbird, bluebirds, 1  eastern kingbird and a Great Blue Heron . Yellow
breasted chat, Orchard orioles, and Indigo Buntings were not present though all have
been present on other excursions. A scope or binocs would have been nice today rather
than relying on my camera lens!

Carol Weston
Columbia,MO