I thought it was because he was stuffed.

Obviously, it is August. Birders are bored.  Better jokes than squabbles!

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO
On Aug 5, 2011, at 2:36 PM, Hazelwood, Susan wrote:

It has been so hot that Iíve been eating a Popsicle treat every so often. The sticks have these really bad jokes on them. Some are bird related so I saved them to share with you guys when the birding was really slow. Now seems like a good time to begin sprinkling you with some of them.
Q: Why did the turkey have to leave the supper table?

A: He was gobbling his food.
Ok, I hear your groans. Remember the delete button if you donít want to read any more of these!

On a bird sighting note the blackbirds are still increasing in numbers at Eagle Bluffs Conservation Area in southern Boone County. I searched hard for a Yellow-headed without luck. Iíll keep at it. I did see several Black Terns and the Least Tern reported by others when I was down there last night.

Susan Hazelwood
Columbia, MO