I did some rambling around this morning thinking the rain might bring some more
shorebirds down. Well, it turned out there wasn't much rain in this area, and
few shorebirds around. I stopped first at the Linn Co. WRP site, but only found
a few Least Sandpipers along with several each Spotted and Solitary Sandpipers,
the only ones beside Killdeer. Had Bobolinks and Sedge Wrens again but not much
else. Did hear a Carolina Wren singing nearby. Had two CAWR in the backyard
before I left.

   I went on down to Swan Lake where there were even fewer shorebirds, not much
habitat there though. I did find 4 Upland Sandpipers in the fields. Saw a loose
flock of about 20 Dickcissels in another area of tall vegetation.

 I watched couple of very recently fledged Eastern Kingbirds as I went through
Fountain Grove CA.

  Seems to be a Lull in the shorebird migration right now. I checked Thompson
River area last eve - not much there either. Maybe if we get rain next few days
or another cold front?

Later,
Steve Kinder
Livingston Co.