From: Joshua Uffman <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Sat, July 30, 2011 3:34:00 PM
Subject: TRICOLORED HERON - RMBS - July 30

Snuck over to Riverlands Mig Bird Sanctuary (St. Charles County) this afternoon
while visiting my in-laws.  Great shorebird habitat in Ellis Bay. Lots
of PECTORAL, LEAST, few SEMIPALMAED, SPOTTED, and a couple SPOTTED SANDPIPERS.
Also had a single LEAST TERN sitting on one of the mudflats near the nesting
barge.  All the same shorebirds (but higher numbers) on the Lincoln Shields
side. Added a single ~6 SOLITARY SANDPIPERS and a single LESSER YELLOWLEGS along
Cora Island Road.  However, the overall highlight of the trip was an adult
TRICOLORED HERON, still sporting the white plumes out the back of its head even
and nice golden colred back.  The bird was on the Heron Pond side of the
Riverlands Way, about 1/2 way between the observation tower and the Heron Pond
parking lot.  It was hanging out with calico and adult LITTLE BLUE HERONS and
SNOWY EGRETS.  I got some pretty good photographs but will not be able to upload
them until later tonight.

Josh

Joshua Uffman
St. Louis County, MO