Snuck over to Riverlands Mig Bird Sanctuary (St. Charles County) this afternoon while visiting my in-laws.  Great shorebird habitat in Ellis Bay. Lots of PECTORAL, LEAST, few SEMIPALMAED, SPOTTED, and a couple SPOTTED SANDPIPERS.  Also had a single LEAST TERN sitting on one of the mudflats near the nesting barge.  All the same shorebirds (but higher numbers) on the Lincoln Shields side. Added a single ~6 SOLITARY SANDPIPERS and a single LESSER YELLOWLEGS along Cora Island Road.  However, the overall highlight of the trip was an adult TRICOLORED HERON, still sporting the white plumes out the back of its head even and nice golden colred back.  The bird was on the Heron Pond side of the Riverlands Way, about 1/2 way between the observation tower and the Heron Pond parking lot.  It was hanging out with calico and adult LITTLE BLUE HERONS and SNOWY EGRETS.  I got some pretty good photographs but will not be able to upload them until later tonight.

Josh

Joshua Uffman
St. Louis County, MO
MO-Records: www.showme-birds.com