Early this morning at Shanks, in Pike Co, I was watching a barred owl on a
3'or4' snag in a little slough.  I took a few photos then he flow down into the
duck weed covered water and caught a frog, just like a bald eagle would do
while fishing.  Talons making contact with the frog and barely making a
splash.  I had never see this type of hunting method from an owl before.  Has
anyone else seen this before?  Very interesting stuff.
Very little shorbird habitat, only killdeers and one spotted sandpipper.  Good
numbers of great blue herons, but only one great egret.
I also seen an otter stop in the middle of the road for a second, then off he
goes.

Frankie Cuculich
Brashear Mo
Adair Co