Just looked at the CACHE report at EBCA this morning; I was there briefly in
mid-afternoon and the only things I noticed that varied from her CACHE was a
Ring-necked duck in the very back of EBCA...I took several photos of it; also,
I saw two Woodduck hens swimming around with no little ones...last summer
every female woodduck I saw had a string of little ones behind her...so that
caught my attention and I did not see any Killdeer; I stopped at two locations
where there had been eggs with a female sitting on them...one, the nest area
had new gravel that had been laid on top so eggs were probably crushed and
female was gone, the other area had 2 eggs left in the nest out of 4.  Again,
no Killdeer visible. Are killdeer like quail?  if one or two eggs hatch, the Mom
takes off with those  chicks and leaves the  unhatched eggs unattended?

Finally, when I was walking one of my Labs at Twin lakes CA this morning, a
Yellow-billed Cuckoo flew out of a bush bordering the lake as well as at least 6
Kingbirds, a family of Bluebirds, a couple of Phoebes and numerous Cardinals
were at the very southern arm of the lake.

Carol Weston
Columbia, MO