First off, had a mississippi kite soaring right over my house (Moline Acres)
just before noon.  Would've said just over treetop level, but so many trees
in the area are shorter by half now...
Went over to Columbia Bottom about 4:30, saw an enormous flock of herons &
egrets in the drying channel just off the gravel.  Got about halfway through
the flock when the ibis kinda popped up in front of me.  Larger than i'd
expected, looked just like the picture in my Kaufman's. That's a lifer!
Other than that, saw probably a couple hundred little blues, adult, juvenal
(sp?) and calico; great blue heron, cattle, snowy & great egrets.  In the
drying fluddles between the slough crossing and the confluence parking lot,
saw many snowy egrets, flocked up.  Also in the area, a few wood ducks.
Between the heat and the bugs, didn't do much walking.

Ken Thompson  ([log in to unmask])
Moline Acres (north StLouis County) MO

ASM Fall Meeting, September 23 - 25, 2011 at Camp Clover Point, Lake of the Ozarks State Park, http://mobirds.org/Meetings/