Hi Edge,

I just wanted to comment that I too used to think of parulas as more riparian, but over the past several years of point counting across southern MO, I have found them to be much more of a generalist species. Not only have I detected them in all sorts of forests, they have been surprisingly abundant on my savanna and woodland sites.

Jennifer Reidy,
Liberty