Headed out real early this morn to Marais Tems Clair CA ,St Charles Co  in hope of locating some nesting  bb-cuckoos which I have had there this times of year for about 5 years now
 Unfortunately struck out  in finding any black-billeds cucks
 Did have some good birds though-
 The most surprising was a still calling EASTERN SCREECH OWL a half hour past sunrise.Always very cool to hear
 2-3 LEAST BITTERNS calling from the extreme NE section of MTC..Had them about the same time in the same area last year also
 Habitat is the best Ive ever seen it in there for them this summer so wouldnt doubt there are several pairs in there this year
  HOODED MERGS one again breeding in there with 2 imm birds seen this morn
  GREAT HORNED OWL in the cottonwoods near the pump station area
  Large flock of CATTLE EGRETS and several LITTLE BLUE HERONS
  Decent numbers of passerines such as B-ORIOLES,YELLOW-BILLED CUCK,DICKCISSEL,WAR-VIREO,PROTHONOTORY WARBLER,C-YELLOWTHROAT
   We covered about 3 miles of ground but failed to find any willow flycatchers.

 Mike Brady
 Ballwin,MO
ASM Fall Meeting, September 23 - 25, 2011 at Camp Clover Point, Lake of the Ozarks State Park, http://mobirds.org/Meetings/