Al et al, I have used the BirdsEye app and it is all you have said it is.  I have in fact used it on trips.  It was very helpful on our early May trip to SE AZ.  It helped us find a red-cockaded woodpecker in LA earlier this year.  I find useful the known hotspots (i.e. NWRs, "Gaddy" in TGP, etc.) which shows me what has been seen and how recently for a particular spot.   Dave

David Starrett

Cape Girardeau, MO