First of all I like both of the databases and use eBird for my observations and
occasionally CACHE/SPARKS if I happen to bird one of state's designated
locations.  My problem is not the issue of my having to double enter the data.
My dilemma is having my observations posted twice in eBird, once by me and
once by the Scott when he uploads the CACHE/SPARKS data.  This would
have the effect of skewing the data on eBird unless they have some way of
filtering it.  I guess that would be the same problem with a group trip if all the
birders submitted their data for the trip individually.

Does anyone know if eBird has a way of filtering multiple observations for
either of these scenarios?

Databases need to be kept clean otherwise, garbage in = garbage out, as the
saying goes.

Good Birding,
Keith Brink
Liberty, MO