I think the confusion here is over the definition of 'double entry.' I
enter an observation on a particular date into CACHE/SPARKS and the
same observation into eBird, but since that  same CACHE/SPARKS data
eventually goes to eBird, does that create a double entry on eBird?
Well, yes it does, but as you said in an off-list message to me, it's
OK because the data is used for different purposes. Hope this helps to
clarify.

Kevin Wehner
Kansas City