From: [log in to unmask] href="http:[log in to unmask]" rel=nofollow target=_blank ymailto="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Chokh Raj
To: [log in to unmask] href="http:[log in to unmask]" rel=nofollow target=_blank ymailto="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Friday, July 08, 2011 4:13 PM
Subject: Re: The Hyacinth Passage in TWL (was Re: Henry Adams on Silence)

The 'girl' of Eliot's youth -- the upright Emily of dark, shining hair

"Eliot's imagination", writes Lyndall Gordon, "dwelt again and again on a beloved woman's hair, the light on it in 'La Figlia' (1912), wet in The Waste Land (1922), loosened in Ash-Wednesday (1930), sweet brown hair blown over the mouth".

CR