 In reponse to the Forest 44 CA possible woodcock vs nighthawks
 I  know the area well and bird it often and have birded it for several years now.The field near the parking lot is really good for woodcocks.The latest I have had them there is May,22nd.
 That said the large equestrian area adjacent to the Forest 44 parking lot attracts lots of nighthawks this time of year.They can be seen and heard feeding over the various horse rings. I had several in the Forest 44 parking lot  just a few weeks ago.
 This time of year, at that particular spot, I would have to say they were probably nighthawks that were heard -but never say never.

-mike Brady
Ballwin,MO