I am now looking at the male painted bunting behind my office for the 3rd time.
He's been in the same tree each time. A few people had contacted me about coming
to try to spot him, and I discouraged them, thinking his visit was a fluke. If
anyone wants to try for it, I now think it would be worth it. I am just a few
blocks from the Baileys, where he and Mrs. PABU have been visiting feeders from
time to time, so between the two locations, you might be able to see one or
both. (I haven't seen the female here.) Directions for my office below. Contact
Steve and Regina Garr at Birds-I-View for information on the Baileys. I can't
recall their exact address, but I know they don't mind birders coming by.

You are welcome to come by my office, but PLEASE BE AWARE: We are having a class
Wednesday and Thursday and so will have guests in the building and people parked
in back. Please be considerate of our guests. They pay our bills - and my
paycheck. You may use the parking lot, or you may park on Onyx and watch from
the street - either way should afford you a good view if PABU shows up and uses
his favorite tree.

Missouri Association of Insurance Agents
3315 Emerald Lane
JC, MO 65109
PABU has been at the top of a tall tree at the very west end of the back parking
lot.

From Mo. Blvd by Barnes and Noble:
Take Wildwood between Lowes and the gas station
Turn Left onto Emerald
Turn Right onto Onyx
Turn Left into MAIA's back parking lot.

From Hwy 179:
Turn West onto W. Edgewood
Turn Right onto Onyx
Turn Right into MAIA's back parking lot.

Amy J. Hoffman
Jefferson City
Cole County

Food helps those who help themselves.