NEMO is not a 4-letter code for the rare Neotropic Mockingbird.  It's a cure for the summer doldrums and other maladies.

Here are the details for folks who plan to join in the northeast MO birding event between this coming Thursday, June 23 and Saturday, June 25.  If you're not planning to participate, there is time to correct your error.

Please note:  You are welcome and your participation is appreciated for whatever time you can join in the birding-- a morning, an afternoon, one day, whatever!

June's cell phone:   660-329-2693
Edges' cell phone:  573-268-3714

June and Edge will be staying at the Super 8 Motel (see address and phone below), Thursday and Friday night.

For Thursday afternoon birding, each of us is on our own to choose a site from the list of focus areas.

We will be in the lobby of the Super 8 at 6:45 p.m. Thursday to meet anyone joining us before going to dinner.

Dinner Thursday evening will be at 7:00 p.m. at Jose's Grill Mexican Family (see address/phone below).  It is very near the Super 8.  We will be at Jose's until 8:00 p.m.  You are welcome to join us to eat, or just to chat.  We will discuss who is planning to go to what site(s) on Friday during dinner.

If you can't join us for dinner Thursday evening, but want to join other birders on Friday, call one of us after 8:00 p.m. to learn who will be where, when.

Friday evening we will be dining at 7:30 p.m. at the lodge at Thousand Hills SP.  Directions:  Go west from Kirksvill on Rt. 6, south 2 miles on Hwy. 157.

We hope to see you there!

Super 8 Motel
1101 country Club Drive
Kirksville, MO
660-665-8826

Jose's Grill Mexican Family
2700 South Baltimore St.
Kirksville, MO
660-627-2210

Areas of focus for birding:

Big Creek CA, Adair Co.
Sugar Creek CA, Adair Co.
Rebel's Cove CA, Putnam & Schuyler cos.
Union Ridge CA, Adair, Sullivan and Putnam cos.
Atlanta CA, Macon Co.
Hunnewell Lake CA, Shelby Co.
Thomas Hill Reservoir CA, Macon & Randolph Cos.
Long Branch SP, Macon Co.
Thousand Hills SP, Adair Co.