I have been envious of my next door neighbor because they have a nest of Prothonotaries in the exhaust of their wooden boat.  No more.  Instead we are being very careful not to disturb the female that in the last two days is attempting to nest in a woven roost right on the deck at the back door.  While we were eating there last evening the pair of them was just 10 feet away from us and both birds were at the nest site.  She weathered the hail storm just fine and was again busy at the site this morning.

A busy Blue Jay family was having a training session right at my door step today and the catbirds in the hedge next to the water and very vocal and active.  Great relaxing entertainment daily.

Clare Wheeler
Lake Ozark
Camden County