Took a drive thru Columbia Bottom this afternoon, between 6:30 & 8.  There
will be bike racers using the paved road every Wednesday afternoon thru
July, possibly into August.  Personally, glad to see some other "users" there.
Along the gravel road, saw the most little blue heron since we had the
heronry over off Eva Rd, by the Banshee / McDonnell Blvd intersection.  Also
quite a few great & snowy egrets.
Warning!  In the Confluence Overlook parking area were 2 pit-and-whatever
dogs, looked full grown, running loose.  Could not see whether they were
collared.  Hopefully the area will not become a dog dumping area.  I'll send
a note to the office, may also call them in the morning.
Other than that: dickcissel, Am. robin, redwing BB, wild turkey, grackle,
starling, indigo bunting, goldfinch, oriole spp, bobwhite, meadowlark spp,
et al.

Ken Thompson  ([log in to unmask])
Moline Acres (North StLouis County) MO

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/