Lois and I just got back from the Southeast and posted some photos of the
water damage. First was the Wappapello spillway to see the huge hole with
the new bypass around it. Quick stop at East Prairie but no White-wing Dove,
didn't stay long. Proceeded down 102 to Ten Mile Pond, the three parking
lots were dry and open but everything to the east was water. Turned east on
YY, flooded on both sides all the way to FF. Did see five Black-necked
Stilts along the way and three more plus two Least Terns at the intersection
of YY/FF. Then drove south to 77 and to the ferry then back across A to 102
and up the Big Oak Tree State Park. So all the roads are open. Did not see
any big waders until along A and they were only a few Egrets and couple big
Herons.
The SP office was badly damaged as was almost every building on the whole
route.
The state park had a lot of damage. The visitor center and what we could see
of the boardwalk from the lot looked ok. Walked in the north trail until we
saw some cane but no response from a Swainson's Warbler. There might be some
further in but didn't go in any further.

Photos here
http://smu.gs/ku9auo

btw, called in a couple Chuck-will's-widow's at Crowley Ridge. Still
couldn't get a photo though.

Al Smith
Bridgeton, St. Louis County
http://www.photosbyat.com