In reponse to the Forest 44 CA possible woodcock vs  nighthawks
I  know the area well and bird it often and have birded  it for several
years now.The field near the parking lot is really good for  woodcocks.The
latest I have had them there is May,22nd.
That  said the large equestrian area adjacent to the Forest 44 parking lot
attracts lots of nighthawks this time of year.They can be seen and  heard
feeding over the various horse rings. I had several in the  Forest 44 parking
lot  just a few weeks ago.
This time of year, at  that particular spot, I would have to say they were
probably nighthawks that  were heard -but never say never.

-mike Brady
Ballwin,MO