It would be most interesting to learn if this is true in Missouri.
The site mentioned in the first post is well south and west of
Pennsylvania.  There is a national wildlife refuge in Maine with the
primary purpose of woodcock breeding habitat.  I'd bet they display
later in Maine than in Missouri.

So...where are the Missouri biologists with pertinent information?

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO