Ditto on Doug's comments.  I use a similar tripod, a Manfrotto 190-B,
purchased from Eagle Optics.  I didn't like the head that came with
it, so put the head from the previous tripod on it.  One thing that
is important to me is the leg locking mechanism style.  I have
arthritic thumbs, so a couple of the types are really painful for me
to operate.

Most experienced birders will urge you to go out with other birders
and do not be shy about asking to look at their equipment and ask
them their opinions of the strong and weak points of what they have.
With tripods, try setting up and taking down different models to see
what you like (or what you can live with). Look at it from a
stability in the wind perspective.  A shaking scope is worthless.  A
good center post that can be extended to a comfortable position with
legs in a partial extension often works well.

A solid tripod with a liquid head (heads are sold separately), and a
quick release mechanism are essential for birding without excessive
frustration at the wrong moment.  Check your scope to see if a quick
release is built in.  If not, do get one or you'll spend a lot of
time putting it on or off the tripod head.

I've bought binoculars, scopes and tripods from Eagle Optics and keep
going back to them because when I phone them I get a knowledgeable
salesperson who listens, makes suggestions, but never "hard sells".
Also, you can try out a product and send it back if it doesn't work
for you.

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO