   I've never heard of changing the formula to 6/1.  Does anyone on the
list know if this is correct or not?

   Thanks, Kathleen Anderson, Columbia

Quoting Tom Creley :
A month or so ago, I told a then friend in Marble Hll, MO that I was
changing my hummer sugar feeders from four to one to six to one.  He
sent me a blistering response that I was doing them  a terrible thing.
But guess what?  According to the 2010 Audubon book "North American
Bird Feeder Guide", page 31, use the 4/1 to attract them, then switch
to 6/1 once they have found the feeders.  It will better for their
kidneys, and give them the water that they need. Tom Creley